|Next step for town’s gateway scheme
Plans to create a new gateway development for Haverhill and up to 1,000 new jobs moved a step closer today, with Carisbrooke Investments submitting a series of planning applications for the Haverhill Research Park project.
The proposals for the Hanchett End site, adjacent to the town’s Spirit of Enterprise roundabout, were launched at the beginning of the year and include up to 450,000 square foot of research and business space, provision for up to 150 new homes alongside other supporting uses, such as a hotel and day nursery. The plans follow a period of extensive public consultation, after which St Edmundsbury Borough Council formally adopted a revised masterplan for the site. In a key step towards the delivery of the scheme, Carisbrooke Investments has now lodged four individual planning applications for the park.
Nic Rumsey, Carisbrooke Investments’ Director, who has been leading the project to date, commented:
“The submission of these planning applications marks an important milestone in the project and moves forward the vision for this comprehensive development. The scheme will generate significant employment opportunities, attract inward investment into Haverhill and also help meet local housing needs. Ultimately, these proposals will make a significant contribution to the long term growth of the local economy and provide Haverhill with a landmark office and research park to be proud of.
We have worked very hard in preparing our plans in accordance with the approved masterplan and look forward to seeing the applications progress through the planning process. We will, of course, continue to work closely with the Council in order to bring the vision to reality.
Should anyone have any questions or queries about the latest plans or status of the scheme, please get in touch with our team directly on 0800 298 7040.”
A decision on the planning applications is expected to be reached prior to Christmas this year with initial site preparation works starting early in 2012. Aside from the project information line, details of the latest planning submission can be found by visiting www.haverhillresearchpark.com
The agents for the Haverhill Research Park are Cheffins and Carter Jonas.
For further information, please contact:
Matthew Turpin: 01962 893 868 / 07887 846 699 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Spencer: 01962 893 882 / email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Carisbrooke Investments is a London based property development and investment business, which has a range of interests in the East Anglia area
- Carisbrooke Investments was responsible for the development of the successful Haverhill Business Park on the edge of the town
- The land at Hanchett End has been identified by St Edmundsbury Borough Council as a strategic employment site within its Replacement Local Plan and Adopted Core Strategy Development Plan Document
- Following agreement of a Concept Statement for the site in 2009, Carisbrooke undertook consultation over its proposed masterplan early this year.
- The final masterplan was adopted by St Edmundsbury Borough Council in April 2011
- The proposals would see the Hanchett End site developed with:
- Office and R&D space, including a landmark building fronting the Spirit of Enterprise roundabout.
- Up to 150 quality new homes
- Supporting uses including a hotel, family pub/restaurant and crèche/day nursery
- Significant landscaping and associated infrastructure, creating a high quality environment